Are you a New Mommy in Central Alberta? Register today for our next Pre or Post-Natal Program! Mommy Connections Red Deer offers modern 8-week pre and post-natal programs to new and expectant mamas in Central Alberta. With weekly Expert Presenters who cover topics ranging from Baby Wearing styles to Maintaining Your Relationship after Baby, we make that first post-partum year a lot less stressful and a lot more fun. Connect with other new moms. Share your stories and advice. Learn from the pros. And remember that we're all in this together!

Monday, February 7, 2011

What I'm Reading...

If you know me (or if you've read my previous post), you know that I love to read. I have a closet full of books - some of which I haven't even read yet! I collect old books (because I love to imagine where they came from) and new books (because I'm such a sucker for chic lit), and everything in between. One of my favourite scents in the world is the inside of an old book. Seriously- try it, you'll know what I mean. That smell reminds me of the library that my mom used to take us to as kids, in the basement of our local community hall, and I remember thinking that those small rooms in that library were full of the most amazing stories. Every time I crack open an old book and breathe in that heavenly scent, I'm taken back to my childhood summers and the hours we spent in that library.

I'm also in love with The Pioneer Woman's blog (find it here), so of course I was beyond thrilled when she came out with her own book, "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". Of course I simply had to have my own copy- so when it arrived in my mailbox last week, I could hardly wait to bury my nose in it. I save my favourite treasures to read at bedtime when I'm snuggled in my bed and the house is quiet, so as of today I'm only a few chapters in - but I already never want it to end! It might possibly be one of the best books I have ever read. If you're a farm girl turned urban mama like me, you will love it! Five Stars from me.


                                                        http://thepioneerwoman.com/

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're enjoying PW's book! I'm really anxious to read it myself. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my copy and already read it! Great blog by the way little sister!!!

    ReplyDelete